August 20, 2012

Welcome


When thinking about the title of my new blog, I was lovingly told that Dr. Faustus was a rather obvious reference and might be considered trite or just plain big-headed. I was glad of that challenge, because it made me reconsider. And the more I thought, the more I was certain that I made the right choice. Yes, it is an obvious reference, and yes, there are millions of blogs out there with pompous titles. But I have shared this ethos for a number of years now, and I simply figured I would let you be the judge of whether I can back it up.



As announced, all posts published before this one are actually an archive of my best posts from the old blog, Chaos and Kairos. There is a full list of links in the menu above as well. I didn't want you guys to show up to a party at an apartment that had no sofa to sit on or blinds to close when things got interesting, so I tried to make things cozy.



I am still fiddling around with the design and gadgets, so feel free to look around and tell me what you think. Maybe I missed a spot dusting, or spilled some coffee on the carpet, or left some silverware at my old place.



Other than that, I am absolutely over-the-Moon excited to start this new chapter. Who's in?




10 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    I love your new place. Ms. Faustus indeed. You can certainly live up to the title and more.

    I hope your trip stateside is amazing. Are you there yet? LOL!!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah,

      Welcome and thank you! Do you know I've just had to insert a HTML code into the Blogger template just to change the comment font color? Now if I could only figure out how to change this silly background color...

      Thanks for being here - again and again. And yes, I'm there! I must have asked that question a million times in my head before that plane landed. It's been amazing.

      Delete
  2. I am so in :) So good to see you... Life has been crazy this side too, lots and lots to tell! :) I am so glad to have found you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Satans Darling, and welcome!

      I know I've been slacking off e-mail-wise, but I'm here for whatever you want to share :) Is your other blog hibernating? Glad to hear life has been dynamic. Have a beautiful day.

      Delete
  3. Hi Chris,
    "Ms. Faustus", eh. Right then, thanks for the invite to check out your new 'home'. I'm honoured, 'honored' (sorry spell check) to have the opportunity to browse around and note all your new fixtures and fittings. I brought my duster because I noted a bit of dust under the sofa. Yeah, I know, why was I looking under the sofa? :)
    It's looking most impressive and I look forward to our continued positive interaction.
    Your starstruck fan, Gary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gary,

      Thanks for making the move with me, and for looking under the sofa :) I try but am not always the best of homemakers. Now if I could only get my colors sorted in the comments section... :P

      Glad you like it, hope you stick around, my friend.

      Chris

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the link, Chris. :) I've added you to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JP :) Much obliged.

      Now that I'm in your time zone, maybe I'll see more of you on chat too. Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. I'm in! It's taken me a minute, but I'm here. And so SO so excited to be part of it with you, even if only in text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aimee. And it would have been fine if it were only in telepathy, too :)

      Delete

I thrive on interaction. All comments are welcome and will be replied to.